Monday, March 22, 2010

Pride...or something I'm thinking about

So, in case you didn't know, I'm planning a wedding. It's coming up pretty quick now. Like 25 days or something like that. Insane!

As I've been planning it, people have offered to help. "No, it's fine. I got it." "Kevin's helping out a lot." "We're fine, thanks though."

Someone offered to help this weekend, and I said, all right, go ahead. I later found out that she had some problems with the helping, and it didn't go as planned. "I should have just done it myself," I thought.

See, growing up, I was the go-to person in group projects. I'll do it, it's fine, don't worry that you didn't do anything and I wrote a 40 page description of Thomas Jefferson. I was the overachiever (still am, who I am kidding?), and I just picked up the slack because I didn't want to have to suffer. I even had a friend in college say, "You know, none of us in music history do the reading, because we know you'll answer all the questions." I always felt like I HAD to do everything, because no one else could do it as well as I could.

Humble, right?

Yeah.

No.

God convicted me yesterday a lot. He said I need to surrender the table numbers, and just let someone else do it. Are people really going to obsess about the table numbers? No. (If you do, please don't tell me. I don't want to know.)

So, I need to work on surrendering, and letting other people do things, and being okay with how they turn out. I need to DELEGATE.

Okay, God.

I'm working on it. But it's hard, so I need Your help, okay?

Love you all out there.

P.S. Christina, do you appreciate the wedding planning update? :)

1 comment:

ShesThatOneGirl said...

I do appreciate it very much!

The more things matter during the planning process... the less they matter the day of!

And, hooray! I am SO proud of you for letting things go! It is clear that through this process God is growing and stretching you.

Beautiful.

Can't wait to see you become a wifey!

<3