Thursday, November 27, 2008

My first time in a wedding!

On November 22nd, I got to be in my close friend Doreen's wedding. It was my first time as a bridesmaid, so it was quite an experience! From getting our nails done the night before...






















To waking up at 6am to get our hair and make up done...

















...to hanging out before the wedding...















...to the amazing banquet at the reception...






















...to just simply being part of Doreen's special day...


It was so much fun! A long day, true, but really really fun. I loved sitting at the head table. One of the neat things about it was that I got to hang out with the bride and groom ALL DAY LONG! (Typically, at weddings, you don't really see the bride and groom, because they're busy talking to everyone.) So that was awesome.
I am so blessed to have Doreen in my life. Love ya! Congratulations! Roland is getting a special girl!

1 comment:

Ang said...

You look gorgeous :)

Sounds like a fun day.

I read The Arm of the Starfish last year too. Of course, A Wrinkle in Time is amazing. I love all her non-fiction so far too...(Walking on Water, A Circle of Quiet, Two Part Invention: The Story of a Marriage).

Miss you!!!