Friday, November 7, 2008

Clouds



















A random fact about Liz - I love clouds. Clouds, and sunsets. I will very often whip out my camera at random places and take pictures of the clouds. I will take pictures out my car window -and just a couple of weeks ago, I pulled over so I could take a picture of the sunrise. I have actually regretted not having my camera on multiple occasions (hence, why I carry it around all the time now.)
















Why? To me, clouds speak of God's beauty. Someone (can't remember who) described sunsets as "extravagant wastefulness" - God is willing to give us so much beauty and power, and then have it drift away a few minutes later. That's one of the reasons why I like to capture it on camera - it reminds me of Him. I remember one time when I was young (13, before I was a Christian), when I saw these clouds. The sun was shining through an opening, and to me, it looked like I could walk through that opening straight into heaven. I believe that God was speaking to me at that moment - showing me Himself, through His creation.



So, here are a few of my favorite pictures of clouds, sunsets, and the like. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

1 comment:

Becks Blog said...

Remember the ones from the Gorge? or should i say driving in the car to the gorge? those were pretty