Saturday, October 25, 2008

My new latest obsession

So, okay, I got up early this morning, and I'm now at home watching my team lose. I should technically be planning for my week of school. But, I don't really feel like it. So, I thought I would share my latest YouTube obsession.

I heard about this in my Entertainment Weekly magazine (which came to me free at first, and which I now subscribe to. It's way better than my free Rolling Stone subscription - but the jury is still out on Glamour. I do feel my brain cells leaving my head when I read Glamour. Anyway.)

Take on Me - one of the greatest (and cheesiest) songs and videos of the 80s - has been spoofed. In the spoof, someone sings what is LITERALLY happening in the video - but to the melody of the original song. Huh? Trust me. You need to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HE9OQ4FnkQ

Magic frame!

If you like that, watch this one, which is a spoof of Tears for Fears, Head Over Heels. I would love to hear which one you like better. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0TYun-Nq1Q&feature=related

"I'm acting really bashful while I'm singing to you." :)

2 comments:

Jason Rasmussen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Rasmussen said...

I still consider "Take On Me" to be the best music video ever made. It has yet to be matched in its creativity, style, feeling and song quality.

My vote would be for the literal version of Take One Me, though both spoofs are quite creative. Then again, Tears for Fears lyrics were always cryptic. It would be interesting to see a book published on the interpretation of their lyrics.