Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Palm Springs Girls Weekend!!!!


Liz has been very stressed out lately. Lots of stuff going on with work, Fuel, life in general...so this weekend was the perfect timing. Krystal, Becky, and I went to Palm Springs for a girls weekend!!!


I have actually been to Palm Springs for a girls trip before -back in 2005, with my college Bible study (and my current roommate). I have also been there a couple of times for amazing Core Retreats with my friends - so awesome, such life changing times. Needless to say, I associate P.S. with really great memories.


We left Friday after eating a delicious dinner that Krystal made. Yum! Krytal's family has a time share, which had 1 bedroom, a kitchen, 2 baths, and a living room - not to mention the hugest changing area ever. Literally, you could do a catwalk in that thing. :) It was really nice!


Side note - going on vacations with friends is AWESOME. I must do that more often. :)


We hung out and relaxed a lot. There was a ton of great conversations about various stuff in our lives. On the way out, each of us kind of spilled all the recent events, so we could have a clean slate going it. It was so good to talk about the things that have been weighing on me! Then during the weekend, we talked about other things, and gave advice, and listened, and just were girls. So crucial to have girlfriends!


We watched about a million episodes of the Office, because Krystal is like 3 seasons behind and we needed to help her. We sunbathed (and got hit on by a guy who looked like Tony Soprano, only older). We went out to eat a delicious Mexican dinner, and went clubbing too! (I felt so lame - after awhile, the lights, smoke, and people started making me dizzy, so we had to leave. I must be getting old....) It was great to get dressed up and go out on the town. So much fun!


I am so much more relaxed now, after getting away. It was exactly the right timing as things in my life continue to ramp up and get busier all the time. Girls are so crucial! Boys don't know what they're missing. :)
(btw, that picture was taken by this random old lady who walked up to us, said, "So pretty!" and snapped a picture. She then offered to take pictures of us with our own camera. She actually took 3 pictures, that came out really well! Hilarious!)

1 comment:

Becks Blog said...

yay!!!! such fun times! :)I need the rest of the pics