Monday, March 23, 2009

Most of Ever

Tonight, I got to see my old friends from Fuel. We had a reunion of people who went to New Orleans last March (my idea, oh yeah!). A lot of these people I just don't see very much anymore, for various reasons. It's been hard for me, because I am so community-oriented. I miss Fuel.

But tonight, I got a taste of that again. I got to laugh - so much that tears were streaming down my face and all my eye makeup washed off. I got to get teased by Justin, one of my favorite things - seriously! (Most of ever=greatest, in case you were wondering. At least when you're me, and you're playing Catch Phrase, Music Edition.) I got to catch up and chat with so many people who mean so much to me.

It was fantastic.

And instead of feeling nostalgic and bitter and sad, I felt joyful. I felt peaceful. These people are still my friends. Just because we don't see each other does not mean that we are not still close. I am so thankful that God used these people in big ways in my own life. I am so thankful to still be close to them. I miss them. But I always remember that one day, we will be together forever, in heaven.

In the meantime, I can enjoy our get-togethers and look forward to them with excitement. I can leave with a song in my heart (to be totally cliche). I can thank God for so much.

Truly I am blessed.

(By the way, according to Jeanna we are going to hell when we die. Bummer.)

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm so sad I wasn't there! It just means that we will have to do it again when I get back :)

Anonymous said...

chat makes brotherhood..:)