Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkins!


How about a happy post for a change?

(not that my life has miraculously solved itself and gotten totally stress-free. Actually, I may not have a job next year. Yeah. Add THAT to the wedding stress and general sense of "I'm so tired I can't see straight, whose idea was it to go to Michigan for 2 months and write three 20 page papers?" But, that is for a later post. Prayers are always appreciated, though!


So, Kevin and I decided to carve pumpkins last Friday. I insisted that we could not use normal knives for this task - we needed special pumpkin carving knives! When we found those knives at Stater Bros, they also came with those books, with the patterns in them. I have never tried that, and given that my general pumpkin-carving skills are subpar at best, decided, "Why not?"


After Kevin broke the knives, and had to go get NEW knives - 4 sets, to be exact, because hey, we don't want any more breaking! - we ended up with some pretty rad pumpkins. The best I have ever carved, to be exact!


This one is mine.
Hmm, guess I can't put pictures of Kevin's. Well, mine was more awesome, anyway. :) Just kidding, his was sort of a "flaming pumpkin face" thing. Pretty sweet.
They rotted 3 days later. But that is okay - it was still a blast!
Nice to go back and do random childhood stuff.
I miss you all.

No comments: