Thursday, July 9, 2009

The importance of conversation...and good friends

I have a tendency in school to work myself to death. I didn't figure out until my "super senior" year in college that a final on Friday need not be studied for until Wednesday. There is no need for overkill.

After a fantastic weekend with Kevin in Indiana (fireworks! Barbeque! Rain! Small Baptist Churches! Family! Ice Cream! and most of all...KEVIN!), I returned to East Lansing and jumped back into grad school. Even though I got ahead in my readings, I started to feel more and more stressed out. I even started getting a headache this morning - which is rare for me.

But after class was done, I decided to ditch my plan of eating by myself while reading some Curriculum text, and went to lunch with my amazing friend Angela. We hung out and talked for about two hours. I emerged refreshed and happy - and feeling cleansed.

Justin (yay my pastor!) often said that men only say 9,000 words a day, while women in general say 14,000. I had been talking, of course, but I hadn't had one of those heart-to-heart talks with another girl, that is so crucial for my sanity. Angela and I discussed family life, relationships, faith...laughed a lot and learned a lot. She let me rave about Kevin, and also gave me good advice. It was fantastic.

I also went to the gym and did cardio for about 40 minutes. Yay for cardiovascular workouts. :)

Girl talks are essential. Thanks, God, that I have such great friends.

1 comment:

Ang said...

Aw...I needed that lunch too :)

I wish this summer was not so busy/stressful, so that I could enjoy more time with you!

I'm glad you got away for the weekend though..our weekend was crazy busy.

Did you like the movie??