Saturday, August 1, 2009

I'm almost done...

Phew. This has been an incredible summer. Lots of exciting things happening, lots of exciting still to happen...but the big news (as of right now) is that I have one more week left!

Insanity.

I do NOT want to leave. I love being surrounded by my musician friends who are just as intense as I am. I love talking about teaching music - a music educator is an even more specialized niche than a musician! I love walking around campus, or riding my bike - it is so green and beautiful. I can't wait to come back here. And yes, I am seriously considering moving here - someday.

But, I must return back to California. Thankfully, I will have four weeks to recuperate from the hecticness that was my life. I can relax, hang with friends, sunbathe...oh, and get ready for school. Yeah. Not so excited about that. But that's okay. I will make it.

This week, I still have a presentation, a curriculum, three essays...and of course, revising that really large paper (it's at 25 pages right now...crap!). But really, that's not too bad. Which is why I'm having some trouble getting motivated right now, to do anything.

But, Kevin's coming tomorrow! YES!

So, I should work. Guess I'll work. I'll work now. Right.

Enjoy CA, my friends - I'll be back very soon. Michiganders - I will miss you.

No comments: