Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back in Southern California!

Hello hello!

I can't believe I am back in Southern California for 10 months. I keep feeling like tomorrow I will go back to that freezing classroom at 8am and sit and listen to research methods, or watch a bizarre skit about teaching music that we all come with (that are all hilarious, btw), or perhaps listen to a Mozart concerto and try to identify where the Second Tonal Area begins. But alas! I am not! I am back in the real world, where not everyone is obsessed with music and not everyone understands what I do, exactly.

Not that that's a bad thing. This week I have gotten to catch up with old and new friends, and have a great time at an Angels game, at Fuel, and even at a party at my house. I've gotten lots of great hugs (which I was deprived of in Michigan - not on purpose, mind you - it's just people may not have been comfortable hugging me yet.) :) I love hugs! :)

Of course, it's beautiful weather here. The same everyday - standard sunny, kind of hot, but not too bad. I went to the beach yesterday and worked on my non-existant tan, while my perpetually tan friend Becky worked on maintaining hers. It is GLORIOUS to sleep in my own bed. And have my own bathroom. And eat normal(ish) food. And see my trainer again. And (gasp! yikes!) go back to playing the violin, which I really haven't practiced since June.

I do miss Michigan though. Maybe I'll have to visit in the dead of winter, so I can see just what I'm NOT missing by living in CA. I miss my friends! You should all come visit me! :)

Nothing much else going on in the life of Liz - at least nothing that's fit to print. ;) I will continue to write on this. No guarantees that it will be interesting. :)

No comments: