Friday, August 8, 2008

Gladness and Sadness

So! Today I had my last class of my first summer of grad school. It was fine - nothing too exciting, just listened to presentions. Not like yesterday, when my philosophy class went to Starbucks to talk about how our views about teaching have changed! :)(Becky said, "I should be a teacher!" Or maybe a grad student...)

So I'm done! Woohoo! So exciting! The other day I talked to a professor that I had at the beginning of the summer. She asked me, "So have you enjoyed your summer here?" I thought for a split second, and then said, "I LOVED IT."

It's true - I have loved my time here. It's beautiful, the people are nice, and I have learned so much. True, there were some hard times. The workload was rather intense, and there were several times (especially at the beginning, on the weekends) when I was really lonely and homesick. But I grew, and made some great friends, and feel great about the experience! I am really looking forward to coming back next summer!

About those great friends...I have to leave them! :( That really bums me out. I've met some incredible people while I've been here. I don't want to say goodbye to them! Thankfully, the ones I really love will be back with me next summer. And we're going to stay in touch with Facebook, not to mention blogging and that old antique, the phone. :) But it's a bummer - I want to bring them back to CA with me! Maybe I'll move...haha, j/k...

I come home on Sunday! So excited! I arrive at 2 or so, so your prayers for a safe flight are very much appreciated. :) Looking forward to seeing all of you again!
Love you!

No comments: