Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ah, the wonders of technology

I am not a technology buff. At all. I am old-fashioned and very very VERY slow to try new gadgets. I just don't care. Sorry people, but I don't.

I remember when Prodigy came out - do you remember that? It was the first email system. I thought, "This is stupid. It'll never catch on."

I remember when AIM became popular. I lost patience with it. All my conversations seemed to consist of "hehehe. :)" Yeah, again. Not interested.

I remember when the iPod came out. I thought - why do I need that? I am totally fine with my CD Walkman. Who needs more than one CD at a time, anyway?

I have slowly but surely converted on all of these gadgets. (well, not AIM. I still prefer Google Chat with gmail - but I'm not at my computer often enough to really use it frequently.)

Yesterday, my amazing boyfriend Kevin introduced me to Skype, and webcams. Yes, okay, I know, they've been around for a while. And yes, I did know what they both were. But to actually SEE my boyfriend, who's 2000 miles away or so - wow! It felt like the future! I immediately went out and bought my own webcam this morning. And we proceeded to talk on the phone...for most of the afternoon. :)

This world comes up with all sorts of newfangled gizmos all the time. I don't think I'll change my ways - at least in terms of adopting things right when they immerge. But, if you can convince me...I'll change.

At least I'm not permanently stubborn, right?

In other news, I'm enjoying re-reading Stephen King's Dark Tower series. More so than doing my homework. Check them out if you get a chance - quality works of fiction, and they're not scary. I promise.

No comments: