Saturday, September 27, 2008

Liz gets sick

Hey all,

I haven't posted for a while, but whatever...life has been busy. Most recently, I got sick (Tuesday evening). Getting sick is a great experience for me. I have allergies, so most of the time, I get a cold, which turns into a sinus infection. This invariably results in a doctor's appointment where I have to twist their arm to give me antibiotics. Good times. I know all the right things to say. And I know myself best, right? I don't care that it's viral and antibiotics won't work (or whatever they say, I never remember) - just give me the drugs, and I won't die from an inability to breathe.

An interesting side effect of Liz getting sick is that Liz loses her voice. It happens to my dad too - he sounds like Barry White. I personally sound like a phone sex operator. Sweet. It makes teaching a joy. Friday I got to whisper all day long. It is really hard to get kids to hear you when they are playing band instruments! :)

Whatever. It's early in the year to get sick, but I'll get over it. I can still function. It does make hanging out with certain people more difficult however...

Hope YOU'RE all doing well, and aren't sick from me...

No comments: