Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Michigan Weather (Part I?)

Hey everyone,

What's up? I thought I would discuss the weather in Michigan. Not sure I should be writing this now, after only 2+ weeks here, but hey, I'm going to do it anyway.

So far in Michigan, I have experienced 2 big rainstorms, 1 day of just raining in the morning, some rather cold weather, some really hot weather, and some beautiful weather. What a variety! In California, the forecast for the past two weeks has been hot. (I am guessing a little here. But I don't think I have too much chance of being wrong.) Instead of the exciting variations I have gone through, I could have experienced 2 weeks of sunny weather. Blah.

Having been raised in SoCal, I am used to sunny weather. We get it for what, 40 weeks of the year? To be honest, I'm a little tired of it. I like the variety I'm getting here! Of course, having only lived in SoCal, I am not exactly experienced in the ways of crazy, true Michigan weather. I have had numerous people tell me that if/when I experienced true craziness, I would repent and gladly come back to CA, rejoicing in the 70 degree sunshine. But to be honest - at this point...I like it here! Variety is the spice of life, right? And even if I fear change in my own life, I can handle different weather. I LOVED scraping (sp? scrapping? that's not right...) the windshield when I was here in February! I know, Liz is insane.

Don't worry, I miss CA. Mostly for the people. Not the weather.

BTW, if I change my mind about the weather here, you'll hear about it. :)

No comments: