Thursday, July 31, 2008

Some thoughts about Owen

Hey everybody!

First of all - wow! 10 more days and then I'm done! Technically, I have a ton of work to do. True. But I am sort of taking the night off to relax some. I think it'll help me sleep more. :) And tomorrow I'm going to go get a pedicure and watch Dark Knight, cause I still haven't seen it yet. I'll finish my work, I promise!

In the meantime, I thought I'd tell you about my dorm.

I don't know how many of you have stayed in a dorm before. In my undergrad, I actually had a triple my first year, with bathrooms down the hall. Yeah. Not so great, to be sure. Owen (my dorm) is better. I have a single, and I share a bathroom with my suitemate, Nicole, who's really nice. The room is sizable, and I even have a chest of drawers, which is FANTASTIC. I love not having things in boxes all the time.

One of the first things I noticed about Owen was that they had these signs everywhere that said, "Reverse Osmosis Machine." I thought, "What? You're joking." Seriously - doesn't it sound like a joke? Yeah, I thought so too. But apparently it's this amazing water filter system that makes the tap water taste like bottled water. I use it everyday. It's weird, but hey, awesome, whatever.

The cafeteria serves okay food. Their Mexican is not so hot - for some reason, everything always tastes a little sweet. But what is hilarious is that there is constantly music playing. Music from the late 90s. Seriously. I have heard Hanson, Mariah Carey, Savage Garden, Spice Girls, Jewel, Hootie...all multiple times. They've also played more random bands like Primite Radio Gods and...some other stuff. It's fun, it's nostalgic - it's very random. :)

Okay, I think that's all. This next week I have 2 big papers and a final. Nothing really exciting this weekend - mostly work. Should be amazing. Keep me in your prayers!

10 days! See you soon!!!

No comments: